What is multi-site?
Welcome to Community Bible Church! We are a multi-campus church, with campuses in Beaufort, Grays, and Graniteville, SC. We are also exploring additional campuses in other communities that currently lack a church whose primary mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. We teach the Bible, as the infallible, inerrant and inspired (literally God-breathed) Word of God. Our messages are typically through one particular book of the Bible at a time (expository teaching) rather than topically. This helps insure that all messages are taught in their full context rather than purposing to promote any particular agenda.
The purpose of becoming a multi-site church is to make more and better disciples by bringing the church closer to where people are. The motivation is to do a better job of loving people, including different types of people, with an outcome of making significant advances in obeying Jesus’ Great Commandment (Matt. 22:37-40) and Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20). Churches report that conversion growth is greater on their extension campuses than at the original campus.
What are the advantages of multi-site?
- Assist in reaching friends and family unwilling to travel a great distance to church
- Bring together the best aspects of larger churches and smaller churches
- Increase the total number of available seats during optimal worship times
- Overcome geographic barriers when a church facility is landlocked or tightly zoned
- Enable untapped talent to emerge each time a new venue or site is opened
- Mobilize volunteers through an added variety of ministry opportunities
- Improve a church’s stewardship of funds and resources
- Enable a church to extend itself into smaller niches
- Model and train people for church planting elsewhere
- Provide a pipeline for the development of emerging leaders and future staff